Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm back!


We had a family emergency, I had to jump on a plane at O'hare airport in Chicago and get to Portland OR, immediately. Bob our oldest has a rare but deadly kidney disease and we knew it was getting bad and it was going south faster than anyone expected it to, even the doctors. Bob called us about 5-6pm on a tuesday evening and gave us the bad news, he was in renal failure. OMG, as a mother I went into panic mode, luckily Gary helped me thru this. I got online and booked a flight and I landed in Portland at 2:30pm the very next day, we drove to the hospital and checked him in. The next day he started dialysis after having a pic line put in. He is doing better now, but will be on dialysis until a suitable kidney can be found for him. He is pictured here with his two kids, our grand kids, Ken 12 and Kaylee 1. Bob leads a very active life, he is a tech at the cardiac cath lab at the VA in Portland OR. So, we are praying that a suitable kidney is found soon, so he can resume his life as he knew it before this struck him in 2005. I am putting out a plea to anyone reading this blog, family or friends that have any interest in donating a kidney please contact me. I will resume our usual pictures and blogs in a few days. They are always putting new things on the blog, you can now go sign up for different things on our blog page, thanx for being loyal readers, Terri
Posted by Picasa

No comments: