Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bakers burritos



Here's one I hope somebody following this blog can relate to? When we lived in southern CA, we left in 88, we ate at Bakers quite a bit. Well when we realized what area we were about ready to drive into, we both knew that a Bakers burrito sounded really good. We had no idea if they were even still in business and if they were, they were only in the Rubidoux a suburb of Riverside, area. As we were driving along the highway we saw a Bakers sign and kept on driving, then we saw a second Bakers sign and kept on driving. Gary told me the signs were just out there to tease me. Gary had made an exit off of the highway, the reason escapes me, but there was a Bakers up on the right, Gary mentioned I wonder out hard it would be to get into there? And he decided to try, so he took off up the road, and he parked in the bike lane in front of the Bakers place, I'm sure we were being cussed out by people trying to get out of the drive way there. Anyway, Gary went on in and grabbed 3 burritos and came running back out to the truck! He jumped into the truck and made a u turn on the street and headed for the freeway, when we were finally on the freeway, he said we made a clean get away with the loot! I was worried the whole time Gary was inside, I was gonna see a chippie come walking up the side of the truck, asking me why we were parked there, I was trying to come up with an intelligible reason but couldn't, accept that I had a craving for a Baker burrito and had to have one! Well they didn't disappoint, they were as good as I remember, they had gotten a little smaller, but boy were they good! Do any of you boys remember eating here? Probably not you jason, I did scarf down a grimous proportion of them while I was pregnant with ya.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: