Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bayou



This is one of the most exciting places, to me, that we have been so far. I have always wanted to see the area of the bayou. I know I only got to see it from I10 but there was quite a lot to look at. To start off the road is actually a bridge over the top of the bayou and this road/bridge is long, probably about 25-30 miles. There are no off ramps or on ramps, just water and the tops of trees for miles. Twice we got to see an exciting site, we would be looking down at the water and there was an alligator, swimming on top of the water and that is as close as I wanna get to an alligator in the wild! I'm waiting to be able to take the time and find an authentic southern cooking restaurant, some little whole in the wall or one of those places that boils the craw fish, whole potato's. together and then pours it down the middle of the table and ya eat, that would be so good! We did try this one little restaurant in a little whole in the wall truck stop. I was sure it was gonna be good when I saw it was an older black woman cooking back in the kitchen and bringing out these really good looking plates of food to people. We both ordered cat fish, then I ordered craw fish etoufette and Gary ordered shrimp etoufette, so we could share. The quality of the food was very disappointing, the shrimp and craw fish was in this red sauce and it was poured over the cat fish and it made the cat fish soggy. The catfish woulda been good by itself, it was fried in a corn meal batter, which is my personal favorite.
So hopefully one of these trips we will be able to take the time and find us some authentic good southern cooking?















Posted by Picasa

No comments: