Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Smokey Mountains TN

Ok, I think I have fallen in love with a new state? I took lots of pictures when we were in Tennessee and none of them captured the beauty I saw in this state. It's lush, green and just plain laid back and beautiful, the only draw back I saw was the humidity, but I guess we trade off things to live where we want to, make sense? Now, everything we saw in Tennessee was the same, along the free ways there are trees, green, big beautiful trees and lots of them, they are so thick and that's every where in the state, just lining the sides of the highways. Oh there was ivy growing all over every thing, if it stood still long enough it had ivy all over it. It looked like they had to chop down a section of forest to do anything, put up a bill board, off ramp, on ramps, even towns. And over passes just appeared outta no where like in the last picture. We stayed the night at a truck stop in the long mountain range called the 'smokey mountains', sound familiar? Yeap, it's the area that helped create so many country western songs and I see why, I understand some of those songs a little more now after seeing this area. It rained the last day we were in Tennessee, driving down the highway it would just start pouring and last for a few minutes and when it would clear up you could see this white smokey looking mist over the tops of the trees, hence 'smokey mountain tops'! What can I say, I loved Tennessee!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: