Thursday, July 3, 2008

Delivering in Sacramento 6/30/08

Quick side note, this posting was put in out of order, it shoulda come before the problem with the refer, cause it was right after we dropped the last of this load that the refer wouldn't work. Now if I was smarter than this blog I would figure out how to put this into the right spot, guess you'll just have to put up with it being in the wrong spot!

This was the third and final drop for the load we picked up on Albuquerque. I sure wouldn't have wanted to be the one to back into this dock, I didn't see how it was gonna be possible, but remember I'm a rooky at this stuff. The street was barely wide enough for 2 cars to pass each other and on both sides of the street cars were parked nose first, there was a semi to the left waiting to get into his dock. I got out to help watch and just be there to yell stop if he was getting to close to something. He started off with a 90 degree back up, got it maneuvered around the parked cars, then he had to get straightened up to back into the dock, which was a tight squeeze. I've been told again that this is just "trucking" and part of the job, guess I still got a lot to learn. They took off the last 4 pallets of liquor mixes and then we were outta there.









Posted by Picasa

No comments: