Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas shopping and dinner

We made christmas very easy on ourselves this year, there was no time for shopping, so we just asked each one of them what store they wanted a gift card from and we went to those stores and got the gift cards, filled them out and left them under the tree for them to open on christmas day. I know it was a cope out but now they can get what they want and it was just so much easier for us this year. Plus, they will be buying their gifts after christmas so they will get more for their money with all the sales that will be going on after the first of the year. As the family grows christmas just gets more expensive every year and hopefully next christmas we will have at least one more grand child to buy for and if Bob and Lorly (hint, hint) go for it again there would be 2 more grand kids for christmas, that would just break our hearts!!!!! Tuesday night we went to dinner at a theme restaurant, they served foods from Hawaii, the food was really good. Unfortunately I woke up at 3am and was sicker then a dog, I thought at first it was food poisoning but soon realized I had a bad case of stomach flu, Bob and Kaylee had just gotten over this same awful affliction. So needless to say tuesday night was miserable and I was just exhausted and out of it and dehydrated all day wednesday. I was upset that it affected our visit with the kids but I was very grateful that we did not get a load out until thursday morning, cause I wasn't going any where. Bob and Lorly got us a great gift, it is a battery operated digital picture from, I still have to figure out how to download pictures on it, then velcro it up so we can watch it.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: